* Various rumours have been circulating about United signing Nicolas Anelka. David Gill was allegedly spotted at the Reebok on Friday but as yet there has been no comment from United. Bolton manager Sammy Lee is reported to be ready to do business by the Daily Mail but the Express quote him as saying: "We don't want to lose our best players."
* The PA report that Tottenham are to bid for Alan Smith. The People claim that Everton, Middlesbrough and Sunderland, who are also 'showing interest.' Ken Lawrence in the Mirror says that Smith will get a new deal with United.
A thrilling Scandinavian derby between Denmark and Sweden was abandoned a minute before full-time on Saturday after a fan attacked referee Herbert Fandel who immediately blew his whistle and walked off.
Denmark had fought back from 0-3 down to level their Euro 2008 Group F qualifier at 3-3 when Denmark's Christian Poulsen was shown the red card just before the end for striking Markus Rosenberg.
Fandel awarded Sweden a penalty but before the kick was taken, a fan lunged at the German -- who officiated at last week's Champions League final between AC Milan and Liverpool -- and he abandoned the match.
UEFA's Control and Disciplinary committee will now decide whether the result should stand and what punitive action should be taken.
Sir Alex Ferguson is eyeing Argentine sensation Javier Saviola.
He believes the 25-year-old striker could be the final piece in his Manchester United jigsaw — and at a bargain price.
Saviola is set to quit Barcelona this month on a Bosman free, paving the way for a possible move to Old Trafford for less than £7 million. Any deal on offer would be for around three years and worth about £50,000 a week.
Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, Valencia and Real Madrid are also interested but United are Saviola's preferred choice.
Saviola, who has had three years at the Nou Camp, is not impressed by a new deal offer from the Spanish giants at much reduced money.
He said: "I consider my career at Barcelona is finished. There are several offers on the table."
* We can only dream - this from the Sun:
West Ham will launch a £4million bid for winger Kieran Richardson.
England ace Richardson is surplus to requirements at Manchester United following the signing of £14m Nani.
And Hammers boss Alan Curbishley is ready to slug it out with Everton for the player
* The Sun report that Keano will make a £2m bid for Scholes. The Express claim that Keane wants Nicky Butt and Diego Forlan too.
* The agent of Morten Gamst Pedersen, the Blackburn winger, claims that United and Chelsea are among five Premiership clubs who have expressed an interest.
* The People:
Former Manchester United forward David Bellion is looking for a £1million return to the Premiership after two seasons with Nice. His first English club, Sunderland, are keen.