* Reserve captain Danny Rose has been loaned out to Conference side Oxford United.
* The Indie:
Premiership sides were put on alert yesterday following the collapse of the proposed £3m move to Lokomotiv Moscow for Lyn Oslo's Nigeria striker Edu.
Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal had all been tracking Chinedu Ogbuke - nicknamed Edu after the former Gunners midfielder, and the 20-year-old was yesterday reported to be heading to England for a trial, although the collapse of a proposed move to Arsenal before Christmas due to work permit problems may discourage English interest.
* The Mirror claim that United will make a bid for Blackburn's David Bentley. £6m.
* Rumours linking David Bellion with Reading have been denied by his agent Mike Morris:
"There is no truth in the reports about David and Reading. The first I heard of the reports was today, but there is nothing in it.
"David is happy in Nice and he is content to be playing there."
* Madrid-based ABC daily report that Real have made a £25m bid for Ronaldo.
* Luke Chadwick has signed for Norwich from Stoke for a fee of around £200,000.
* Franck Ribery refutes rumours that his be on the move to OT this month:
"I will stay with Marseille until the end of the season.
"My aim is to have a good end to the season with everyone here so that the club plays in the Champions League next season.
"After that, we will see what happens. If we make the Champions League, I will have to ask myself some questions. Even if we don't make it, it will not be easy to leave Marseille.
"For sure there has been some contact. Clubs have been interested in me since the World Cup.
"I really like two championships - the Spanish and the English. Clubs in these two championships are interested in me and my displays."